Bug fixes in the new versions include:
Resin – 4.0.52
- 0006051: Diffie-Hellman group vulnerability
- 0006041: com.caucho.jmx.MBeanView does not match wildcard queries
- 0006037: ByteCodeParser with jdk8 constants
- 0006042: JSP and PHP is not reloaded after modification
- 0006045: issue with mmap read
- 0006033: access.log rotation issue
- 0005920: access log not archived intermittently
- 0006049: indirection through jndi:/server/<path> removes server
- 0006047: resin-data db corruption creates large log file, prevents restart
- 0006044: stat_data.db startup time slow
- 0006038: Access log broken data
- 0005943: Dupliate Access-Log Entries when using host-level Redirect Rule with an IfMBeanEnabled condition
- 0006039: session saving issue with forward
Upcoming fixes in the new 4.0.53 (in progress)
Resin – 4.0.53
- 0005951: 4.0.46 bad install over existing 4.0.37
- 0005979: Double start of application
- 0006059: PHP is not reloaded after modification
- 0006061: TempCharStream null pointer
- 0006060: UnsupportedOperationException: com.caucho.bytecode.MethodTypeConstant
- 0006055: Add log-level configuration to resin.properties
- 0006058: NullPointerException @ buildInvocation(WebAppContainer.java:847) instead of 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Resin 4.0.52 improves efficiency of data and log storage. Resin 4.0.53 will also include single line configuration in resin.properties for enabling/disabling health and modifying logging content & levels of resin-data.
These changes are being implemented at the request of developers. Send us your bugs at http://bugs.caucho.com/main_page.php
Case Study – Korea's largest media company increases performance by 30% and reduces TCO by 40% by migrating from WebLogic to Resin
Check out these impressive performance and cost savings results for ChosunILBO, Korea’s largest media company that also publishes the most influential newspaper in the country.
“Before Caucho, we used WebLogic in our main business systems. By migrating to Resin, we 'caught two birds with one stone’ and successfully achieved high performance. We also reduced our total cost of ownership (TCO) by 40%.”
- SeongHyun, Song, Sir. Development Team, ChosunILBO
Working with our Korean partners, Xest Information Technology, ChosunILBO replaced WebLogic with Resin. Engineers benefitted from the following changes in productivity, performance and scalability:
They could increase work efficiency rapidly by a simple setting method and configuration change
They could apply app source changes without downtime even if application source code was altered frequently
By using Resin’s lightweight and rapid restart in less than 10 seconds, they could minimize downtime and increase efficiency by over 30%
Because Resin provides seamless integration with popular frameworks including Spring, iBatis and Struts, developers used Resin as the core for their vital applications while successfully integrating their legacy applications.
Read the full ChosunILBO case study here.
Caucho Partners with NTT Data Intramart Figtree Innovation Centre
In June 2017, Caucho joined the Intramart Figtree Innovation Centre in beautiful Sydney, Australia. The partnership was formalized in San Diego by Luis Ohri, Senior VP of NTT DATA Intramart; Ricky Au, CEO of NTT Data Figtree Systems and Steve Montal, CEO of Caucho.
This technology alliance will seek strengthen NTT DATA Intramart’s sales footprint in the Asia Pacific region, while bolstering NTT DATA Figtree Systems’ technology capability and service portfolio in business process management (BPM). The Intramart Figtree Innovation Centre recognizes the significant technical benefits and synergy of incorporating Caucho products, where customers can leverage the powerful architecture of Resin, Quercus and Baratine.
The Intramart Figtree Innovation Centre will seek to develop upon the existing product IP offered by NTT DATA Figtree Systems, NTT DATA Intramart and Caucho to provide a mutually beneficial sales model and growth strategy throughout the over 5,500 existing clients, distribution channels and NTT DATA Group companies.
Caucho is honored to join the Intramart Figtree Innovation Centre. We look forward to working with our friends in Australia!